The Hanh Phuc Women Cancer Centre, Colposcopy Centre and Breast Centre specialise in the treatment of the 2 commonest cancers to afflict women – Breast &Gynaecological. Under the direction of the certified Gynaecological Oncologist Associate Professor Tay EngHseon, the centres bring together experts in the fields of surgical, medical and radiation oncology so that you receive not only care of the highest quality, but care specifically tailored to your needs.
Why a Dedicated Centre for Breast &Gynaecological Cancers
These 2 cancers affect women in the following ways:
• They tend to occur together or may be familial in nature.
• They affect the sexual and important pelvic organs.
• They have major impact on the roles of women in the family.
• They have devastating effects on their sexuality.
Our Centres focus on helping women with these 2 groups of cancers, from prevention to treatment and from physical assistance to psychological support.
Our Centre is built around these core values and principles:
We aim to deliver the best care possible with protocol-based care pathways whilst keeping abreast with the latest medical and technological advances in the field.
We aim to individualise and optimize treatment through a close collaboration of a multidisciplinary team of specialized surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
We do our best to provide a hollistic treatment – by providing mental, psychological and social support for every patient.
Screening CANCER IS OFTEN PREVENTABLE AND CURABLE IF YOU TAKE THE INITIATIVE TO GET YOURSELF SCREENED.
• We provide Risk Assessment and Screening for breast, cervical and other gynaecological cancers.
• We will help you to Evaluate any symptom you may be concerned about.
• We will Investigate your family history and Assess any risk factor that might predispose you to cancer.
• We will perform the appropriate and necessary Tests to detect and treat the disease promptly.
Prevention CERTAIN CANCERS IN WOMEN ARE PREVENTABLE BY SIMPLE MEASURES SUCH AS REGULAR CHECK-UPS AND VACCINATION.
• You may consult us for more information on how you can prevent the development of these cancers.
Diagnosis and Staging THE DIAGNOSIS OF CANCER MUST BE CONFIRMED BEFORE TREATMENT.
• Our surgeons are experts in the latest techniques of cancer detection and diagnosis – which will enable us to quickly
come to a diagnosis and treatment plan.
• We employ specialised laboratory and radiologic tests that will be able to ascertain accurately the stage of the disease
and offer you the best possible treatment that will maximize your chance of cure.
Treatment EVERY STEP OF THE TREATMENT IS CRITICAL TO ACHIEVE A GOOD OUTCOME FOR THE PATIENT.
• The treatment of cancers includes surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormonal therapy and targeted therapy.
• In some instances, it is advantageous to perform surgery first, and subsequently add chemotherapy or radiotherapy,
whilst in other circumstances; the optimal treatment may require adjuvant chemotherapy followed by surgery.
• Because each individual’s cancer is slightly different, and there are special considerations depending on concomitant
medical problems, we need to individualise your treatment.
A Special environment for treatment
• Our patients’ comfort and convenience are first and foremost.
• The centre provides a therapeutic and patient-friendly environment for the well-being of our patients.